Friday, September 25, 2009

I have an agent!

Well, I finally bit the bullet yesterday and walked into the local Keller Williams agency to find an agent that could help me out. After the last two attempts at finding an agent ( I blogged about it here and here) I was hoping the third time would be the charm.

I met with the agent on duty, but unfortunately couldn't sit down with her at length, as she had someone already with her in her office, but I did get to explain briefly what my plan was, and she took down my name, phone number and email addy. Within less than an hour, she had emailed me back and directed me to her KW website, which has the MLS Finder, where I could register and conduct my own searches. This is not really direct MLS access, and the format leaves out some things I am looking for (days on market, original listing price, etc), but it's a start. I am going to email her about getting a search for sold listings, so I can plot them out (thanks to Tar Heel Ed and JerryNJ at Flipping Homes for that insight!) so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Anyway, I hope that I can build a good rapport with this agent and get some deals done!


2 comments:

  1. Well Done Ingrid! another hurdle behind you. A great way to plot the areas homes is to use google maps.

    ReplyDelete