Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A bit of an update

This is going to be a semi-short post, as I need to get off the computer and get some things done around the house.

Only one phone call from my Craigslist ad for investor friendly agent. I called him back, but not right away (that fear thing again). I don't think it's going to work out. First, he doesn't have MLS access for my area, but for the county next to mine, but said that he knew someone who does. I made the ad explicity clear for what area I worked with, so I don't get it. Why call? Second, he wants to meet with me first so we can talk more about what I need and whether we would be a good fit for each other...and he wants to meet in the next county over. Now, I don't mean to complain, but why should I go to the next county over to meet with an agent to talk about working in my county? He is supposed to call me back today to set up a time to meet later this week, but I think I'll just tell him I found someone to work with locally and thank him for his time.

I am meeting with a property management company this week, so that's good. I just want to get a handle on what the rental market is like out there, so I can evaluate properties more accurately for cash flow.

I went to my women's investor focus group meeting today, and I'm just not sure I'm going to go anymore. Most of the ladies invest in Greenville, and I'm focusing on Spartanburg. But I also just don't feel like I fit in. So I don't know anymore. They only meet once a month, so it's not a big thing....just not sure what to do.

Anyway, not much else going on.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ingrid, try posting the ad again! Doesn't hurt for you to make a new contact with the other guy but obviously you need someone who has MLS access where you want to do deals. Keep pluggin' along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid,

    Have you thought about creating your own "group" that only allows investors in Spartanburg? Try using meetup.com

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott, Shae!

    Sorry I haven't replied earlier.

    Shae, instead of reposting the ad, I just emailed a broker who is part of my local REIA to see if he will work with me. I'll have to post an update when he responds.

    Scott, there is a REIA set up for Spartanburg, but it's not really that active. The Greenville REIA is the one where everyone goes to, and they do have reciprocation with the Spartanburg REIA so it's like belonging to both. I think I'll post to the Spartanburg REIA Yahoo group and see if there's any other focus groups around. Thanks for the meetup.com link, though. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete