Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good news, bad news....

First the good news:

I met today with a property manager who was very kind to take time out of her busy schedule to talk with me about the rental market in Spartanburg county. She advised me as to what school districts were good rental areas, what the price ranges were that rented well, and what areas to stay away from. She also talked to me about the eviction process in the county, their management fees, tenant screening, etc. She also said I could email her with potential property addresses and she would give me her opinion as to what the property could rent for, and how quickly it could get rented. This information is key for cash flow analysis.

I learned a great deal from her! I will definitely be using her company for property management for any properties I pick up, and recommend her for any properties that I wholesale. She was honest and forthright and was appreciative that I wanted to learn more about the market.

The bad news:

DH get's paid tomorrow, and he missed his period bonus. :( Just another reason to kick it in gear and get some wholesale deals going, so we can have our own period bonuses. :)

Also, as an aside, the guy I spoke about before in the previous post did call back yesterday and left a message, basically saying, 'Ok, thanks for letting me know that it wasn't a spam email, sorry about that." and that was that. LOL

Anyway, I drove past the Keller Williams office and saw the "agent on duty" sign and was tempted to stop, but I had to get home to feed the kitties, so I will try and go on Monday, as tomorrow is a shopping day. :)

I guess that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Ingrid, way to go with the action and sticking to it! I am in Vegas, had to change agents in a pinch to get mls access continuing. I walked into KW and had access within 15 minutes...well, the promise of access. I have to turn in the paperwork still. Be brave girly! You can do it! I know you can and will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ingrid. Keep building momentum! That other agent is a trip...in fact kind of a jerk for sending that response. There was nothing about your email that made it sound like spam. On to KW!

    ReplyDelete