Friday, May 1, 2009

Done with Ebay

Well, I am done with Ebay for now. I got home from shopping to find that the removed one of my listings for a "policy violation" which I feel is in error, although upon review, I did screw up in where I placed a word (after the brand name instead of before - it's a long story). So now my status for policy compliance is "very low". Great. Just great. One error and you're in the toilet.....sigh....

I also figured out that I wasn't really making much of a profit on anything, after Ebay and Paypal fees. This was especially true for my Olive Kids listings, since the margin on that is low already. So I decided that I'm just going to keep my listings up and then probably close my store just before the next billing cycle starts.

I have other avenues for these retailers that I'd like to pursue, so I'm not giving up altogether, just taking a break from Ebay for now.

I'll have to update the goals after I get the kids from school.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not to familiar with selling things on ebay like you are doing, but I wouldn't give up. Or at least I'd talk with Dennis over at http://road2freedom08.blogspot.com/. He does really well and might be able to give you some hints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott! It's ok, I'm not giving up per se, I'm just trying to maximize my time, I guess. I think Ebay was taking time away from REI, so that's a no no. :)

    ReplyDelete