Thursday, May 7, 2009

A couple of irons in the fire, so to speak

I heard back from the REO agent today, and she said to call her when I am near the house and she will give me the lockbox code, which is cool.  They lowered the price on this one again today, so I sense some motivation. I did a quick work up of the numbers using Steve Cook's formula, and my MAO is not too off base from the listing price....and I gave myself what I consider to be a huge rehab budget for this property ($30k), which I'm going to tweak based on what I see at the property tomorrow.. I'm going to take the digital camera with me so I can get some good pics to work with.

I was also approached by an investor from my local REIA who has a rental property in my town, and asked if I would be able to handle some work with the tenant, as they are behind one month's rent. (The investor lives in another part of the state.) I ran this by DH, and he was fine with it, so he will be the "door knocker" and I will handle any paperwork for eviction. He also is looking for another tenant, and my MIL is looking to move, so that might be a deal I can put together.

So, things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment