Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nothing really new to report

Still just kind of plugging along....the DH (dear husband) got a bonus in this last check, but alas, taxes took most of it....and then the stupid cell phone bill (because SOMEONE WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS went over HIS allocated text message allowance to the tune of $86) will take some of it...and then I went to the Dr. and the prescriptions took nearly the rest of it.

And the listing on Ebay only sold 4 items....I think I may have made a small profit or broke even, I haven't gotten my final invoices for shipping yet....

But, I keep listing....

I've decided to forego the bookkeeping business for now. I would honestly rather put the money I would need for Quickbooks and John Hyre's stuff towards getting my RE License. Plus, I'm not sure I could have really worked from home on this....my house is not conducive to visitors (translation: it's a mess), so I would need to meet with clients at either their office or a public spot, which would mean having someone look after the kids during that time.

So, it's back to just doing Ebay for now. Which is not bad really. The big thing is listing consisently, because having more listings will mean more sales.

I've also started to peruse the REO listings in the area. Some of them appear to be great deals, so I'm using them as kind of a study guide to get an idea of property values, repair costs. I would actually like to make offers, but I don't feel that I've done my homework yet. Plus, since I have credit and cash issues, I need to find either A) a hard money lender that I can qualify with (so far I have not found one) or B) a private investor who will work with me, so that I may submit a pre-qual letter with my offers. 

Anyway, that's it for now. Hopefully more Ebay stuff will sell at a profit so I can put some money aside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment