Saturday, April 4, 2009

I don't have any problems - another REI detour

I know this blog should be about REI, and I've already taken a detour once, but I must take another one, so please don't be hard on me.

I was introduced today to a blog titled "The Macs". It is mostly about a family's journey with their 11 month old daughter, who was diagnosed with cancer. I have been crying for the last 15 minutes, reading the entries. I cannot even fathom the pain that this poor Mom and Dad are going through and have gone through in such a short period of time.

When I read stories of tragedy, courage, faith, love, I begin to realize that I don't have any problems. None. Yes, I have a daughter with a heart defect, and we were under the shadow of open heart surgery for a while, but we have gotten past that point. She may need to have cardiac catheterization to repair her heart, but gosh.....

I'm not going to whine anymore. I'm not going to waste another day having this house look like a trash dump. I'm not going to sit around the computer all day feeling overwhelmed and just not do anything. I'm going to work on my Ebay and REI. I'm going to spend more time with the kids. Life is just too damn short (sorry for swearing) to just wander around aimlessly. I'm thankful and grateful for what I have.

Anyway, again, I'm sorry for the detour, but I just had to post this.

Here is a link to their blog. It has given me a lot of tears, but it has also given me a lot of thought:






No comments:

Post a Comment