Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still rolling along

Some interesting things have happened since I last posted.  First, my Ebay listing goal fell flat on it's face when I had to deal with sickness in the family and some yearly doctor visits. So that didn't help. I lost all my momentum, and didn't really get it back. So I think I'm going to break up my Ebay listing goal into smaller bites. Instead of doing a 2 hour listing marathon, I'm going to aim at 8 15-minute increments sprinkled throughout the day. I also took a big leap of faith and listed a Kidkraft item that just today went back in stock. I upgraded the listing, so I spent about $32 to list it, but I am listing over 50 of them, I have highlighted it, put it in bold, and used the Featured First option, which combined with my raised search standing, should get me to the top of the page if someone searches "Kidkraft train". This was a popular item that sold well for others over Christmas. I'm hoping I got a head start on getting the traffic for folks shopping for this, since it's been out of stock for so long. Before I forget, here is a link to my listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380113080279&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

On the REI front, I attended the Women's Focus Group for my local REIA club.  It was a good meeting. The ladies seemed receptive to my idea for bookkeeping for investors. I do think that I won't be starting to take on clients until after tax season, as I just don't want to deal with the last minute people who haven't filed yet. Plus, I need to get a copy of Quickbooks, and get my pricing set up.

Also on the REI front, I got my first real lead from my Craigslist ad. I don't think it will pan out, as it looks like my offer will be less that the mortgage balance, but at least it gets me some practice in making offers.

Before I forget, I know I haven't answered the questions that were posted in the last few blog entry comment sections, so I'm going to answer them tomorrow. Just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them. :)

Till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment