Friday, March 13, 2009

Rolling, rolling, rolling....

After having some mental stagnation for a few days, I finally got my brain in gear on the REI front and the other income front.

First, I decided that my Ebay goal is going to be 500 store listings. I currently have 41, which includes the 8 listings I put up this evening. I want to have the 500 listings within 30 days, so that's about 16 listings a day. That should probably take only 2 hours to get 16 listings done, so I've decided that I'm going to get the listings done in the AM after I take the kids to school, as I have about a 2 hour window between taking the kids to school and picking up my youngest from preschool (she has a half day). Any listings I don't get done during this time period, I can get done after I pick up everyone else from school. On the weekends, I'll probably get the listings done in the AM as well, as we usually just bum around in the mornings on Saturday. Sunday is a bit more hectic, as that is church day, so I'll probably get the listings done in the afternoon or evening.

I really enjoy working my Ebay store. I made Powerseller last year, and need to keep my sales up in order not to lose it this coming month. Having 500 listings should help.

On the REI front, the goal is to get my $1k in earnest money set up for working REOs.  We had some auto issues to deal with, so the money I had set aside from our tax refund for REI went to the auto repairs (sigh). The good news is that DH (dear husband) looks to be getting some decent bonuses in the coming months, so I am hoping to set aside some of that money in the savings for the EM (earnest money). Plus, whatever I make from Ebay will be going to that, as well as debt reduction. I am also going to email the real estate agent who sold us our house and discuss with him my ideas for working with an agent to submit my REO offers.

I'm also contemplating setting up to do what I would call "REI Support Services". I have an accounting degree, but really never did anything with it, except for bookkeeping and tax preparation. I am a dork - I absolutely love bookkeeping! I am acutally having Quickbooks withdrawal. ROFL So my goal is to get a copy of John Hyre's KISS Bookkeeping System and Quickbooks and work with them to get some REI bookkeeping clients. I'm going to work very part time on this, maybe 2-3 clients for starters, as I still want to do my own REI. 

The other part of my support services angle is possibly working on helping people get their properties listed on Vflyer and Postlets. I'm thinking about investing in a small camcorder to take videos of people's properties. I'm not sure how tech savvy the members of my REIA are, so this may or may not be a viable source of income. But I figure that I want to get into doing this myself for my own use, so if I get good at it, I would enjoy helping others, and it would be worth the initial investment in the equipment.

So that's the update for now. Lots to do!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Ingrid, what are you selling with your eBay biz? It sounds like you're doing pretty well with it if you're already at powerseller status!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a ton, Ingrid! Where do you get a copy of John Hyre's KISS book? I need a lot of help on my organization skills and book keeping is at the top of the list. I can't even keep my checkbook balancd!

    Eileen-WI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shae and Eileen!

    Shae - I just now made a post on what I do on Ebay. Sorry I took so long to answer you. :)

    Eileen - here's the link to John Hyre's stuff:
    http://realestatetaxlaw.com/kiss%20guide%20to%20bookkeeping.html

    ReplyDelete