Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A sad reality that is what it is....

After a number of financial setbacks recently, I've come to the sad realization that I need to go out and get a job so that we have an additional steady income. This is going to be tricky as I have to work around my DH's schedule, and his schedule varies from week to week. But the stress that this financial rut has put on me and my family is too much right now. I can't count on REI to help me right at this moment, but this doesn't mean I'm giving up on it. But right now the immediate need is a steady income stream.

So....ever forward.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,

    Sorry to hear that you're stressed out. Keep your head up. I know it seems overwhelming, but this is all temporary. Just have to take things one step at a time and celebrate any progress you make every step of the way. Not sure if you're going on hiatus with the blog but glad we're connected on facebook so we can keep up with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shae! Right now I'm considering applying to be a sub with the school district. I don't think I can get a FT job, because my work history is so spotty with being at home and such, plus after school care for all three kids would take a big chunk out of the paycheck. If the sub position doesn't pan out, I'm going to try and get a PT job some place.

    I'll keep up on the blog as I get some REI things going, but I've also started a new blog called Building a Grocery Stockpile from Scratch, which will detail how to build up the pantry on good grocery deals. If you want to check it out it's here: http://stockpilefromscratch.blogspot.com/

    I'm glad we are connected through Facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete