Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Not much going on in my REI world, but I figured I'd blog anyway. LOL

I have a total of 5 signups so far for my wholesale buyers list, all from my one posting to my local REIA Yahoo group. That made me pretty happy. I need to post on Craigslist, too, so hopefully that will draw some more signups.

Most of the REOs I've been watching have gone to contract with other people at higher prices than I would have been willing to pay. I've decided I'm going to go the probate route for looking for motivated sellers, with preforeclosures being a kind of secondary source. This is a little tougher to deal with logistically, as the preforeclosures are online, and the probate items I would need to find at the local courthouse. Since this kids are still on summer break, I would need to have someone watch them for a couple of hours. I used to ask my mother-in-law (MIL) to watch them, but she was never really that keen on it, and to top it all off I had a bit of a falling out with her this past week, so having her watch the kids is totally off the table now. So I'll have to talk with my DH so I can go when he has a day off during the week, until the kids are back in school.

So, that's all the updating for now. Have a great holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Just keep pushing Ingrid! The struggling is half the fun as you are always learning new things.

    I found my probates at the surragates office at my county's court house. Check your surragetes online site, maybe they post them there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Scott!

    I've found some of the probate notices online with the various newspapers where they are posted. But the courthouse doesn't have any of their records online. It's ok, I'll just have to wait until the kids go to school, which is at the end of August. I'll concentrate on the preforeclosures until then, I guess.

    ReplyDelete