Friday, February 6, 2009

Some Action Items for the Weekend

I feel like I've been wandering around with no sense of direction these past few days. Actually, I feel like that most of the time. LOL No wonder nothing gets done around here.

Anyway, I've decided to make myself more accountable for getting things done. So here are my action items for the weekend (both Real Estate Investing (REI) and non-REI, in no particular order):

Financial analysis for my Ebay business for listing goals, break even analysis so I know what I need to sell in order to cover my monthly store fee. I want to keep my Ebay business, as I can basically run it on auto-pilot, since I dropship, so it's an addtional stream of income without doing very much. For those interested, especially if you have kids, here is my link. http://stores.ebay.com/The-What-Not-Shoppe?refid=store

Business plan for the REI targeted towards private money lenders. I really, really want to make sure that I can close a deal, whether I find it on the MLS, or if I find it through direct response marketing. Because my credit is toast, and I don't have a lot of $$ in the bank, I will need to tap private money lending. I would feel more comfortable in finding sources of private money first, before I go out and find the deals - but I know I don't need to go nuts over this, so I won't dwell on it for weeks on end. 

I'm also going to develop a home organization plan. I may make a separate blog of this, in order to inspire others who are trapped in clutter and have homes that are in disarray. I love the book by Julie Morgenstern, Organizing from the Inside Out (check out my Amazon widget if you want to browse), but I have never really put her plan into action. So this weekend I am going to write up a whole house organization plan for each room. I'm going to identify my clutter hot spots, plan where things are going to go, etc. And it's going to be in WRITING, too, so I can keep on track, and create a workable schedule for cleaning and maintaing, so everything doesn't fall apart, like it keeps doing....sigh....

Anyway, I'll report back on Monday so you can see how well I did! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,
    I've seen you around the FH forum. My main gig is investing, but I'm actually commenting because I'm intrigued by your ebay biz. I've been looking for another stream of income. Do you mind giving me a little insight? You can email me if that's easier... jodiquinn @ charter.net
    I'm pullin' for you re: your REI goal too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi!

    Good to see you! I will email you as soon as I can. :) I'm all off kilter with having the new puppy in the house, so I need to catch up on emails and forum posts. I'd be happy to help give you some insight!

    ReplyDelete