Friday, October 23, 2009

Frustration

It's been about 2 weeks since I updated the blog. Been a pretty busy time....again, not REI busy, though....bummer......

Was finally going to go to the courthouse on Wednesday of this week. I had been putting it off, because of the guilt factor that my house is a complete and utter mess, and I kept telling myself I needed to get that under control first. But then it hit me - the house has been a complete and utter mess going on FIVE FREAKIN' YEARS! A day at the courthouse, to try to unearth a lucrative REI deal was not going to make one tinker's damn bit of difference in the appearance of the house. So I was all set. I got in the car and headed out.

And got lost. Sigh.

Now, I've been by the courthouse before, so I do have a fair idea of where it is at. But somehow I took a wrong turn, and in the process of trying to get myself back on the right street, I wound up so far afield that the only thing to do was to head home so I could get back in time to pick up the kids at school.

Being ever the optimist (ahem!) I said to myself "Ok, no worries, I'll go on Thursday".

Well, Thursday came, and my poor youngest was sick. :( So I kept her out of school for the day. Friday (today) was out because the kids had a day off for parent/teacher conferences. I may be able to make it Monday, but my youngest is now running a bit of a fever, so if it doesn't break by tomorrow night, I'll be keeping her out of school on Monday, too.

So there you have it. I'll make it to the courthouse. And I'll be sure to bring a Mapquest printout so I don't get lost again. :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ingrid, baby steps are still steps! Hope your kids get better soon! Dealing with the flu in our house was no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, man. My days so often end up going a completely different direction than I intended when I set out. After getting mentally slapped around about goal setting last week, I determined that I'm setting aside an entire day this week to organize and set goals...but other stuff keeps getting in the way...cause I let it.

    Anyway, turn that frustration into fierce determination to make progress...even if only a tiny bit...every day.

    Thanks for posting!

    ...jp

    ReplyDelete