Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So much time now, so little direction

For the first time since becoming a Mom, I find myself with a lot of "free" time during the day. The kids are in school from 8am to 2:30pm now, and since I'm not currently employed outside the house, that leaves a big block of time for me to get things done. This is a good thing, right? Well, it would be if I would actually DO SOMETHING! ROFL!

If I don't have a schedule, then I am dead in the water. So the first priority for me now is to get some sort of routine going so I can get things done during the day without feeling overwhelmed.

As for REI, I've been trying to figure out what direction I want to go. Wholesaling will be the main gig, but I would also like to do rehabs and build a rental portfolio. This will mean I will need to find private money for rehabs and rentals, since my credit is shot.

I'm going to focus on finding leads with probates and also monitoring the wholesale deals that get posted to my local REIA Yahoo group. In order to get an idea of what the rental market looks like in my area, I'm going to see if I can sit down with a local property management office and talk with them. Since I would like to use a property management company, I'm hoping that someone will be receptive to sitting down with me.

Anyway, here is my to do list for the next couple of weeks:

1. Call the County Probate office to find out their least busy times, so I can plan my research accordingly.

2. Work on my foreclosure report for owners facing foreclosure (marketing materials).

3. Update business plan and print to PDF file for uploading to my private money website (which I won from Trevor over at The REI Brain. I'll post a link when I have it ready.)

4. Update my private money website.

5. Work on foreclosure marketing plan

We are very low on cash until next Friday, so I won't be able to get out and drive around much, so I will work at home for now. LOL

As far as the job hunt, I am on the list for the district for being a substitute teacher and I've put in an application with CVS. The Pizza Hut driver position was still open, but something in my gut was telling me not to pursue it. I also took a lot of my kids clothes that they have outgrown to a consignment sale for this weekend, so hopefully mostly everything will sell. I should get a check within 2 weeks.

I guess that's it for now.....will post later when I have more to update. :)


2 comments:

  1. You look like your getting things back under control. that is great Ingrid! I've got to start sending out to probates again. Oh and also I made you a resource member so you can look over what other members are willing to share and ask to borrow the item. Thanks for offering the probate course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete