Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back in the saddle

Ok, it didn't take two weeks....the major life changing event did not come to pass, so we are back to our regularly scheduled life programming....

So I am back in the saddle! (Which IMHO, is one of the really great Aerorsmith tunes.)

I find myself in yet another quandary of life. A lot of our tax refund that I had originally set aside to use for a RE licensing course, had to go to pay my mom's deposit for her rental at the senior apartments in town and will need to be used to get the moving truck to get my mom and her stuff up here, so I'll have to put off the RE licensing course for now. I'm also trying to figure out what to do to bring a regular income into the household. I've applied for jobs and nothing materialized, I'm not currently selling on Ebay or Amazon.....so, I'm kind of stuck.

Then, while at church on Sunday, we had a wonderful message....the sermon series has been based on the life of Abraham, and is entitled Life:Interrupted. The theme of Sunday's message was Encounter and talked about Abraham's encounter with God. One of the main points that really stuck with me was "Is there something you are attempting to do in your own strength that is not working so you can rely solely, exclusively on God to provide?" So, it got me thinking....I have done what I can do to establish a regular income - but have I relied on God? Truth be told, I think not.

So right now, my objective is to stop and listen.....

Oh, btw, the life changing event was the possibility that I was pregnant.... :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Ya know...I was actually thinking that, Ingrid (but then thought maybe not since I couldn't figure out why it would take 2 weeks to confirm)! Hey, you have a full house...what's one more? LOL!

    I've found that God has ALWAYS supplied my basic needs. When things were tight and an emergency arose, something always came through...many times it came through unexpected checks in the mail...we just refused to believe that our needs wouldn't be met. Keep the faith and hold onto this one: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19.

    Stopping to listen is always good. Then you can continue doing what you can, with what you have, where you are. Keeping taking those forward moving steps and God will supply the increase.

    Anyway, good stuff. I love how candid you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shae! I'm going to send you a private message on Facebook to explain my 2 week thing...

    Thanks for the encouragement, too. I agree, God has always met our basic needs...I guess my fault has been kind of thinking that it was up to me to figure out how to get out of debt and bring more income into the house, and I really haven't been consulting God too much on that point...kind of just going in haphazard direction...so time to put on the brakes...:)

    ReplyDelete